Sunday, January 24, 2016

~ on demons ~

Coconut Grove, Florida - Cocowalk - yesterday I met up with a friend who told me that she had been through some $40,000.00 new age cleansing retreat and how she had freed herself of anger and sadness and released her demons.  as I sat there listening to her share what she had learned, and the Hari Krishnas randomly dancing around us (happens often in Cocowalk), I sipped on my $37.00 Martini, and wondered if she really believed this crap...




I've learned to mask my inner thoughts pretty well over the years.  you kind of have to in order to be successful in the business world, particularly commercial real estate.   Yet, not a day goes by, I don't say to myself at least a few times:



This is a fucked up world we live in.  I've often considered we are in a Dark Ages scenario.  Social constructs are so void of meaning and substance that people look to pretty much anything to satisfy their craving for life and meaning.


There's a name for EVERYTHING.  I was told by a new friend recently that I am a sapiosexual... At first, I thought he was calling me a frog of some sort, which based on some of our more intimate conversations, could have applied, but that's not the point... It seems if you are not classifiable these days, you simply don't belong... There is a social need it seems to belong so deeply, that beliefs, ethics, morals, and even individuality is sacrificed to satisfy it.



Any sort of sacrifice has the potential to generate chaos.  And once it does, it is almost impossible to bottle it back up.  Chaos can be good and it can be not good.  It really comes down to the people involved at that point and how their demons interact..

Love, Relationships are NOT about getting to know each other.  They are about getting to know each others demons.  Those demons either gel or they don't.  And how we take care of them prepares us for what Love has to bring...



People who deny this, who claim to be stable in some way, or emotionally strong and prepared are point blank full of shit.  Everyone in this day and age is in some way completely mad and fucked up.  Peace chasers, meditation gurus, etc, only propagate the suppression of our true nature.   Leaving us to die with epitaphs of despair:




The message is, don't be afraid of your demons.  Don't hide from them and don't be ashamed of them.  We live in a time where there are many gods and no gods.  A time where salvation is in the arms of a populace who has betrayed its origination.  A time of desperation to belong.  Understanding your demons gives you power, not weakness.

Embrace who you are.  Be who you are.  And always, always, always,








No comments:

Post a Comment